Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Last Time I Saw You by Elizabeth Berg

I just finished reading Elizabeth Berg's lastest book, The Last Time I Saw You. This one is about a group of people debating going to their fortieth high school reunion, their last reunion. For some reason it's their last, like why bother having a fiftieth--everyone will be dead by then or something.

Anyhoo, as someone who's never attended a high school reunion and has no plans to, I read The Last Time I Saw You with mixed feelings:  "why would anyone go to one of those" to "it would be interesting to see some people" to "I wonder who would recognize me with my teeth straightened?" But Berg does a good job of featuring most of the key players from high school, you know the ones; they were in every class:  the popular jock, the cheerleaders, the nerds and dweebs (raising my hand), the people who died in car wrecks, wars, and illnesses, and some truly forgettable people that no one remembers at all.

But near the end of the book, what Berg is famous for, drawing the reader in, the story gels and the feeling of being wrapped in a cozy blanket emerges without any fluff.


Book Read:  The Last Time I Saw You
Author:  Elizabeth Berg
ISBN:  978-1-4000-686-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails