Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ape House by Sara Gruen

I really enjoyed reading Sara Gruen's first book, Water for Elephants, and her new novel, Ape House was just as good.  The fact that bonobos (a type of great ape) can communicate and have a grasp of language that's better than many people's it seems was new to me.

I did read recently in an article about what book agents like and dislike, and one agent said she hated when a writer names a character Isabelle and nicknames her Izzy. Well, in Ape House, the main character is named Isabel (close enough) and her boyfriend calls her Izzy. Yikes. I guess that rule doesn't apply to best-selling authors whose books will sell even if they call a character Dizzy or whatever.

Book Read:  Ape House
Author:  Sara Gruen
ISBN:  978-0-385-52321-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails