Some of My Favorite Books

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Reliable Wife by Charles Goolrick

A Reliable Wife by Charles Goolrick turned out to be just the ticket! I had been wanting to read a book that was engaging and suspenseful and this one was both.

The twists in the story may have been obvious to some but I go in blind when I read a book. I don't like to read reviews or even the dust jacket blurb before I read a novel. I want it all to unfold with no preconceived ideas on my part. The surprises along the way--I can think of two big ones--make this book a really reliable book.

Here's a tidbit from the Booklist review:  "Completely original. . .  The unforeseen conclusion provides a big payoff for readers of this tension-laden debut from a promising new talent."

Book Read: A Reliable Wife
Author:  Charles Goolrick
ISBN: 978-1-56512-596-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails