Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Okay, I may just be the last person to have read The Help, but it's done. I did it. And it was indeed a very good book. But I'm not sure it was as great as all the hype I heard about it. But that right there may be the problem:  I really prefer watching a movie or reading a book with NO previous outside influence. If I hear something is really good, it really does subliminally set a bar that the real experience never quite meets. That's why I don't read book reviews before I read a book or check out blurbs about movies. Going in blind works for me.



That said, The Help really was a good book. I liked the story within a story or book within the book concept and think that was done very well.

I'll read more of Stockett's books if she writes them. So get busy, girl.

Book Read:  The Help
Author: Kathryn Stockett
ISBN: 978-0-399-15534-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails