Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, February 19, 2010

Ann Rule Rules!

Let me just say it and get it outta the way. I love Ann Rule! In case you've been living under a rock or just don't read true crime books, Ann Rule is the leading true crime writer.

I haven't read one of Rule's books in several years; maybe that's why I've felt out of sorts. Hmmm. Anyway, I started reading Green River, Running Red night before last and just love it. Hear me out. I don't love serial killers, but I find it fascinating to read about why people kill. This story made national headlines, and I've seen the movie, The Capture of the Green River Killer, featuring Tom Cavanagh, so there's no surprise of who dunnit.

Oh, this picture of Ann Rule was taken when I attended one of her book readings/signings in Denver several years ago.

In case you've never read one of Ann Rule's books, like I said, the end is usually no surprise. In the GRRR, I know that Gary Ridgway was found guilty of killing all of these girls/women in the Seattle area and dumping their bodies, at least at first, in the nearby Green River. No, reading a true crime book is more about the whys. It's the journey, not the destination. 

Do you read true crime books? Do you have a favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Ann Rule has long been a favorite of mine. I love Small Sacrifices - the granddaddy of all true crime books. If you haven't read it, pick it up - it's a chilling account of a mother who takes rash actions against her own children, all in the 'name of love.' Diane Downs is still incarcerated and I hope she stays that way for life. The book is a great read though. Ann Rule is the cream of the crop of true crime writers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails