Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Commoner by John Burnham Schwartz

I finally finished this book last night around 1 a.m. Finally. I picked up The Commoner by John Burnham Schwartz at the library because I saw that he also wrote Reservation Road. I haven't read that book but really liked the movie. I think I would like the book Reservation Road better than I liked The Commoner.

This was a good book, very thorough in developing the characters, the customs of the Japanese Chrysanthemum Throne, and this fictitious look at an outsider (a commoner) marrying into the monarchy. Maybe it's that foreign thing I have; I usually can't get into books set elsewhere and certainly can't relate. But this was a good book with an even better ending than I imagined, in my opinion.

Book Read:  The Commoner
Author:  John Burnham Schwartz
ISBN:  978-0-385-51571-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails