Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, August 20, 2010

This Time Together, Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett.

When I went to the library last week, I picked up This Time Together, Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett from the Best Picks table. I was still knee deep in Special Topics in Calamity Physics at the time, which I was having trouble getting through. As a reward, when I finished that long bad boy earlier this week, I decided to read Carol Burnett's latest book. And I loved it! Devoured it in a couple of days because...

I love Carol Burnett.

I mean I really love her. She is so funny. And the book brings back so many of the good memories I have of watching her show. Did you know it was on for 11 seasons? I just knew it as always on. And when it was gone, I missed it. She got the title from the song she and the cast always sang at the end of the show, "I'm so glad we had this time together."

I saw Jim Carrey talking on Oprah earlier this year about Carol Burnett and I could totally relate. She was (is) pure genius. She wrote this book in small chunks, chapters that are never more than 10 pages or so long. Not long enough, but she tells the story and wraps things up just right.

Do you have a memoir or autobiography that you've read that you'd like to share?

Book Read:  This Time Together, Laughter and Reflection
Author:  Carol Burnett
ISBN:  978-0-307-46118-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails