Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

I saw this novel on a list of books from 2010 to read and then saw it at the library. I'm so glad I did! How this book, "Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter," got its name is explained in the book:

M, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I humpback, humpback, I.

-  How southern children are taught to spell Mississippi


This is one of the best books I've read in a good long time. The dialogue alone is priceless! For instance, take the way Larry Ott's father teaches his son to thank his mother for supper: 

"Enjoyed it."

This who dun it is literature and a good story, all wrapped up in one nice neat package. Franklin has written three other books. For sure I'll read them too.

Book Read:  Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
Author:  Tom Franklin
ISBN:  978-0-06-059466-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails