Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King

Okey, dokey. I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Stephen King. For years I wouldn't read his books because I'd read Carrie and it scared the pee diddle out of me. I think he's refined his writing or I'm a tougher old bird. I know the latter is true.

I just finished "Full Dark, No Stars" last night. Whoa baby! This is a book of longish short stories. Four of them. All superb.

-  1922 about a man who wants to get rid of his wife, but when he does... well, rats. Let's just say he has some visitors.
-  Big Driver is probably my favorite. A mystery writer goes to a last-minute speaking engagement but gets way more than she bargained for.
-  Fair Extension is a clever look at wishes that can come true.
-  A Good Marriage is based on Dennis Radar, BTK. Since I read true crime, this one seems creepily true to life.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Book Read:  Full Dark, No Stars
Author:  Stephen King
ISBN:  978-1-4391-9256-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails