Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, February 18, 2011

The View from Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik

I've read several of Lorna Landvik's novels and have to say this one is my least favorite. When she wrote The View from Mount Joy, Lorna seemed to go off script and try her hand at cussing, being a little daring, and telling the story from a male perspective, which really didn't seem to work. Maybe it's just me. Have you read The View from Mount Joy?

It was a pleasant enough book but that's the charm of her writing:  it's pleasant, a true escape usually and this one had too many things that were just off to me. I kept waiting for something, and I have no idea what it was. The storyline was okay, interesting enough, but something was missing.

This is the type of book that I enjoyed reading, but couldn't get excited about. And I'm glad I finished it last night because I have a mystery that I picked up at the library with my name on it.

Book Read:  The View from Mount Joy
Author:  Lorna Landvik
ISBN:  978-0-345-46836-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails