Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, May 6, 2011

Living the Low Carb Life: From Atkins to The Zone by Jonny Bowden, a summary

Okey dokey, it's time to confess that I pick up nonfiction books and skim them. I don't read all of them cover to cover, but glean what I want from the highlights of chapters and move on. I don't usually include them in this book blog because I'm a stickler that way:  If I haven't READ it, it doesn't belong.

This time I'm making an exception because I wrote a Squidoo lens on Living the Low Carb Life and I did in fact read the guts of the book where Bowden reviewed each of the 14 low carb diets. Here's a link to my Living the Low Carb Life article, if anyone wants to take a gander. Pull up a chunk of bread (high carb) or a chunk of meat (low carb) and sit a spell.

By the way, I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it's long. It'll be a few more days till I finish it (and hope the library scrounges up a copy of The Girl Who Played with Fire for me so I can jump into that one), so this post breaks a lull in posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails