Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Great House by Nicole Krauss

I would call this book Not So Great House if I had my say. I know I'm a reverse snob, liking the simpler things, nothing fancy. And this book just seemed fancy to me. It tried too hard. It was too convoluted to me. But I'm sure it's mostly just me.

Needless to say, this book was a struggle for me to get through. I know these literary type books often use a different format to tell a story, and sometimes that's great. But this one just didn't work for me. So, I'm not going to spend the time to work it all out.

It was basically told by four narrators, all of who owned the same massive desk (with a locked drawer) at one point or another. The story seemed disjointed and difficult, not making it easy to understand who the H was talking or where they fit in. Toward the end it started making a little more sense, but by then I just wanted to be done with it.

Did you read "Great House." Did you like it? Am I just dumb?

Book read:  Great House
Author:  Nicole Krauss
ISBN:  978-0-393-07998-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails