Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund

The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund was classic Patterson, which is to say, the same old, same old. The story was interesting enough, I guess. I mean, I finished it, but I certainly didn't have the feeling of "oh, I can't wait to start reading it again."

Maybe it's just that I'm tired to James Patterson's writing. Here are my main gripes with James Patterson in general:

-  When a co-author is listed along with his name, I wonder if he even wrote a word of the book or did he discuss a plot with someone, that person wrote the book and the publisher slapped his name on there to sell books?

-  What is up with the 2-page "chapters"? I mean, I've done typesetting, desktop publishing, editing. This is such a blatant padding technique that his books would probably be about one-third the size if that little technique wasn't used.


-  Does he pull a plot out of a hat to reuse? His books all seem the same, at least the last few I've read.

Maybe I've just outgrown James Patterson's writing. What do you think? Are you a fan of James Patterson? Were you ever?

Book Read:  The Postcard Killers
Author:  James Patterson and Liza Marklund
ISBN:  978-0-316-08951-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails