Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Perfect Reader by Maggie Pouncey

I finished reading Perfect Reader last night late and was glad to be done with it. This was an interesting book, but the main character, Flora Dempsey, was one of the most self-indulged, boring people to be conjured on paper. To me she appeared to be lazy, selfish, and plain old mean in places. Maybe it was my frame of mind, but I didn't "like" this book even though it was well written and interesting in places.

Flora is raised in a small college town where her father is college president. Her parents divorce, her best friend is hurt in an accident, blah blah blah. The one redeeming quality of this book was the layout where Pouncey wrote present day first then the second half of the chapter was written when Flora was a child, so the story unfolds in an interesting way. That I liked.

Have you read Perfect Reader? What did you think?

Book Read: Perfect Reader
Author: Maggie Pouncey
ISBN: 978-0-307-37874-3


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails