Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, March 2, 2012

Wolf: The Lives of Jack London by James L. Haley

I just, minutes ago, finished reading Wolf, a biography of Jack London. I had read some of this book at Learning Ally, but when you read a book while recording it, you have a lot of other things to think about so paying close attention to the content can come in a distant last.

I had taken the dust jacket off the book when I started reading it so hadn't been seeing the title. I just realized when I typed it (Wolf:  The Lives of Jack London) that each chapter covered one of London's lives:  The Work Beast, The Oyster Pirate, The Seal Hunter, The Tramp, The Student, The Prospector, The Aspiring Writer, The Muckraker, The War Correspondent, The Lover, The Celebrity, The Sailor, The Rancher, and finally The Jade.

Since none of us is just one thing at one time, there was some overlap in learning about various facets of his life, but Haley did a good job of telling the story of London's life chronologically. I have to admit I haven't read any of Jack London's books, but reading a writer's biography or autobiography without having read their writing isn't new to me. I love biographies!
 
Book Read:
Wolf:  The Lives of Jack London
Author:  James L. Haley
ISBN:  978-0-465-00478-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails