Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This Beautiful Life by Helen Schulman


Talk about your spoiled lives. This book had them in spades. 


At the beginning of this book, the Bergamot family was an all-American intact modern unit--father, mother, son, and adopted Chinese daughter--living excessively in New York City.

Then for one after another of the characters, shee shee hit the proverbial fan of this picture perfect group. Oh boy. After reading Imperfect Birds, I didn't need this follow-up dose of disfunction, but I read it anyway. If was after all, well written and interesting but troubling. I think I just wanted something a little lighter. All in all, I'd recommend This Beautiful Life (of course, who wouldn't!?).

I am not sure what I'm going to read next, but I may start plowing through the biography of Jack London I brought home from Learning Ally after we finished recording it. I need a break from make-believe BS. I know from the bit I read that Jack London had drama galore but at least it was all real.

Book Read: This Beautiful Life

Author:  Helen Schulman
ISBN:  978-0-06-202438-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails