Some of My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott


I stayed last night until after 2 a.m. so I could finish reading Imperfect Birds. It wasn't so much I wanted to know how it ended; in fact, I was sort of scared to find out how it ended. It was that I didn't want to keep thinking about it.

This book deals with two airy-fairy liberal (very liberal and I'm liberal) parents (one parent, one step-parent) and their 17-year-old daughter who is trouble. If my kids had pulled the shenanigans (basically, drugs, lies, disrespect) that Rosie Ferguson pulled, I might have acted as off the wall as her mother.

I like Anne Lamott's writing. A lot. This book held up, just fine. It was just such a touchy topic and laid bare that it was painful in many parts to read. Have you read Imperfect Birds? I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Book Read: Imperfect Birds
Author:  Anne Lamott
ISBN:  978-1-59448-751-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails