Some of My Favorite Books

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier


When an author writes a lot of books, I usually try to read their first one first but in the case of Tracy Chevalier, I did it bassackwards. I have read all of her other books but just finished reading her first novel, The Virgin Blue. It was good but not as good as her others, which goes to show you that some authors' writing does improve over time. Hers has!

That said, this book was still good. It was an interesting story and well written but not quite up to her current writing. It was almost like she was trying so hard that it showed. I'm still glad I read The Virgin Blue because I don't think Tracy Chevalier has written a bad book.

Book Read: The Virgin Blue
Author:  Tracy Chevalier
ISBN:  0-452-28444-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails