Some of My Favorite Books

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Slam by Nick Hornby


I just finished reading Slam by Nick Hornby. Wow, what a fun book! I picked this up at a used book sale a few years ago. It's a young adult novel, but I really
enjoyed. And I think it would be an excellent book for all teenagers to read.

Tony Hawk Half Pipe Action in Blue

Tony Hawk Half... Buy This at Allposters.com


Sam is a 16-year-old boy who loves skating (skateboarding) and has a poster of Tony Hawk on his bedroom wall. That might not seem so unusual, but Sam talks to Tony Hawk. And Tony answers him. Read it. You'll see what I mean.

I have no idea if this is the poster referred to in the book but Sam has read Tony's book so many times the words are in Sam's head and Tony "speaks" to him.

It is so good. I've loved the other Nick Hornby books I've read (almost all of them) and this was just a different take. The human condition, younger.

Are you a skater? A Nick Hornby fan? If so, which of his books is your favorite?

Book Read: Slam
Author:  Nick Hornby
ISBN: 978-0-399-25048-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails