Some of My Favorite Books

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd


I finished Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd this morning. Yes, it was a good book and with really good ones, I like to read the end during the day while I'm alert. This one was good but the ending left me wondering. It seems like Boyd was messing with me (the reader, not just me) a little with the ending. But I still liked it. A lot.


I had heard of William Boyd but never read any of his books. One of my favorite movies Any Human Heart is based on his book by the same name. I think I'll have to read it now. I like his writing style and have read reviews saying Any Human Heart is one of his best books. I know the movie is fabulous!

This book began in Vienna and ended in England, and chronicles the life of Lysander Rief, an actor turned soldier turned spy. 

Like I said, the ending left me wondering though.


Book Read: Waiting for Sunrise
Author:  William Boyd
ISBN:   978-0-06-187676-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails