Some of My Favorite Books

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn


Okay, I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn last month, and loved it so much I decided I had to read her other two books. I think
Dark Places was better! This book is fiction but has the mundane details of real lives of characters that read like real people. 

Ben Day is a 15-year-old in 1985, and life is messed up. His younger sister, Libby, is 7 and the story alternates between "Now" and 1985 and among three characters, for the most part:  Ben, Libby, and their mother.

I'm not going to give away even a little of this story because that would be a disservice. If you love thrillers, mysteries, or just plain good books, read Dark Places.

A few words I'd use to describe Dark Places:  scary, gross, realistic, hilarious


Book Read: Dark Places
Author: Gillian Flynn
ISBN:  978-0-307-34156-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails