Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, January 4, 2013

Born Under an Assumed Name: The Memoir of a Cold War Spy's Daughter by Sara Mansfield Taber

I'm on a memoir kick. After reading Sissy's Spacek's memoir, My Extraordinary Ordinary Life, I started reading Born Under an Assumed Name:  The Memoir of a Cold War Spy's Daughter by Sara Mansfield Taber. This was just as interesting but in totally different ways.


This book is as much a history book of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s as it is anything else. Sara Taber's father was indeed a spook, a covert spy for the CIA and was assigned to Japan, Taiwan, Washington, DC, Holland, and Borneo during his children's young life. He and his wife didn't tell their children until they were in high school that he was a spy. 


If you grew up in any part of this era, like I did (she's a bit older than me but I could relate to much of what she experienced),
I think you'll find this book fascinating.



Book Read: Born Under an Assumed Name:  The Memoir of a Cold War Spy's Daughter

Author: Sara Mansfield Taber

ISBN:  978-1-59797-698-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails