Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Last Kind Words by Tom Piccirilli

I read this book by chance. It's by an author I'd never read or heard of, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.  

The Last Kind Words by Tom Piccirilli was excellent! The Rand family are theives and con artists and they're all named after breeds of dogs. There's Terry (Terrier) and Collie, brothers. Collie's in prison for a murder spree he committed and is due to be executed within days. Terry finally comes home after running away from his notorious family five years earlier. 

Their father, Pinsch, mother (not named for a dog), sister Dale, and uncles Mal and Grey (Malamute and Greyhound) live together in the family home. Terry's sudden arrival back home brings things to a head.


I liked the in-depth character development and the surprise ending was satisfying. It's not an action-packed book, but that's okay with me. And I see that the sequel to The Last Kind Words is out:  The Last Whisper in the Dark.


Book Read:  The Last Kind Words
Author:  Tom Piccirilli

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails