Some of My Favorite Books

Monday, February 17, 2014

Blowing My Cover: My Life As a CIA Spy and Other Misadventures by Lindsay Moran


I finished reading Blowing My Cover:  My Life As a CIA Spy and Other Misadventures by Lindsay Moran late last night and I was sad for it to end.

This is a true story of Moran who became a case officer (spy speak for "spy") with the CIA in latter part of the 1990s. She'd always wanted to be a spy but came to realize it was nothing like we read about in novels or see in movies and TV.

The bulk of the book takes up her training to be a spy with maybe a third covering the often dull and weird world of actually spying, which means finding and recruiting foreign agents (those who will turn on their own country and spy for the U.S.).

Moran was in Macedonia when planes attacked the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon in 2001. This was the beginning of the end for her career, of her own choosing.

If you like spy thrillers even a little, this book is an eye-opener that I just loved reading!

Book Read:  Blowing My Cover:  My Life As a CIA Spy and Other Misadventures

Author:  Lindsay Moran

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails