Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Freud's Mistress by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman


I just finished reading Freud's Mistress by Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman. This novel is a fictional account of Sigmund Freud and his relationship with his wife's sister. Some letters resurfaced in the recent past that indicate that the famous father of psychoanalysis probably did have an affair with Minna Bernays. The story was interesting but it sort of drug on for me.

What I did learn is that Freud was a real asshole! What a self-centered egotistical man. Good grief. He may have been a genius but what a guy. Not someone I can respect. 

This book is a fascinating look at the time period, mostly set in 1895 and 1896 in Vienna, Austria, but there is a bit of traveling through Europe. 

Book Read:  Freud's Mistress
Author:  Karen Mack and Jennifer Kaufman

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails