Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Once Upon a Secret by Mimi Alford

Well, at least this was a quick read. I enjoyed the book Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and Its Aftermath by Mimi Alford but she was a totally unsympathetic person to try to relate to, in my opinion.

Like other young girls (she was 19 and 20) who have affairs with old men in positions of power (like Presidents), she was young and naive and I guess it's sort of understandable. Why she continued the affair for a year and a half is what baffles me, especially after she met a man she supposedly loved and was engaged to.

And she came across to me like an entitled rich girl who never really had to be accountable. Granted, she was young but many of her decisions made her less than endearing.

Anyhoo, it was interesting in a sick, gossipy kind of way to read about her affair with JFK. Who wouldn't want to read that?

Book Read: Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and Its Aftermath
Author: Mimi Alford

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails