Some of My Favorite Books

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Torch by Cheryl Strayed

I just reread Torch, Cheryl Strayed's first novel. I had read this book at some point since it was published in 2005 and didn't realize it till I was about one-third of the way into it. I mean, parts sounded familiar but I'm glad I kept reading it. Like her memoir Wild, this novel is well written and draws you into the story of a step family, a mom and her two kids and their stepdad who have to face adversity.

This book is somewhat autobiographical because Cheryl Strayed lost her mother when Strayed was a young adult like the character of Claire in Torch. She says though that that's where the similarities end. She invented the characters and what happens to them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie of Wild:  From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail that comes out later this year. Have you read Wild or Torch?
     

Book Read:  Torch
Author:  Cheryl Strayed

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails