Some of My Favorite Books

Monday, November 3, 2014

The Arsonist by Sue Miller

Well, I really enjoyed reading The Arsonist by Sue Miller but was a tad put off by the ending. For one thing, I couldn't quite get around to finishing it for days. I got really sleep several evenings and had to go to sleep instead of finishing the last 50 pages, so I felt a little underwhelmed when I finally did finish this novel.

Set in the 1980s, The Arsonist dealt with a small town in New Hampshire where lots of summer residents came to live among the regular townsfolk. I felt like I knew who might be the arsonist about half way through the book, but nope, that person was never mentioned as a likely culprit. At all. Hmmm. 

I hate to give away who I thought it was, but if anyone has an opinion, I'd love to hear it! And I'm open to revealing it in the comments. 

Have you read this book? What did you think? I was let down, I guess, in several ways with the way the story ended.

Book Read:  The Arsonist
Author:  Sue Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails