Some of My Favorite Books

Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Couple of Books: Darned If You Do and Trust

I finished reading a couple of books in the past week:

  • Darned If You Do by Monica Ferris
  • Trust by Pamela Kelley

I really enjoyed both of these books and wanted to share a little about each of them with you.

Darned If You Do is a cozy mystery, which I've been reading more of. These books are fun and keep me guessing till the end. There isn't much blood and guts to speak of. The characters are front and center to the story making these books fun to read. This one is from the Needlecraft Mystery series so needlework of all kinds was mentioned and I must admit I glossed over one intricate knitting discussion. I never do that but I don't knit. Don't want to knit. Don't want to even read about knitting evidently.




Then there was Trust by Pamela Kelley. This book is book 1 in the Waverly Beach Mystery series and I enjoyed reading it. It's a quick read that's well written and kept me guessing till the end. I liked the cooking throughout the book and must say those ribs sound heavenly!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails