Some of My Favorite Books

Monday, November 19, 2012

Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead

Well, I finished this book but was tormented all the way through it by the bad characters. They weren't written badly; they were, for the most part just bad people. Unlikeable. Shallow. Self-obsessed. Rich snobs who I wouldn't hang around with for longer than it took to drink one of their drinks then high tail it outta there.

But I guess that made the book what it was. The setting is an island over a weekend. Daphne, seven-months pregnant, and Greyson are getting married and the entire wedding party is made up of shallow people except for Dominique who seemed to me to be the only one of the lot who had any good sense and couldn't wait to get back to her life with real people in it.



Book Read: Seating Arrangements
Author:  Maggie Shipstead 
ISBN:  978-0307599469

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails