Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, December 7, 2012

Beautiful Lies by Clare Clark and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Okay, for whatever reason I didn't post about reading Beautiful Lies by Clare Clark when I finally finished
reading it. In fact, the book is mostly forgotten. The book was interesting but too damn long (and not that interesting, I guess. Not to me.). 


I agree with a review I read where the reviewer said something like "if they'd cut out the smoking parts, the book would have been a quarter as long." Seriously. The main character smoked. A lot.

 At 481 pages, this book took me more than 2 weeks to finish.  Way too long and uninteresting.

Book Read: Beautiful Lies

Author:  Clare Clark

ISBN:  978-0-15-101467-5

 

And then I picked up Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn to read. Wow! What a difference! I'd been hearing about Gone Girl for months but didn't really know anything about it. I could guess from the title that it was about a girl (woman) who was missing.

Yessir, it is. And so much more! This is the best book I've read in ages. Run to the store, the library, wherever you can find it and start reading Gone Girl. It's
captivating and thrilling!

At 411 pages, I read this book in 3 days. Fabulous!


Book Read:  Gone Girl
Author: Gillian Flynn
ISBN:  978-0-307-58836-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails