Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy

I've read several of Maeve Binchy's novels and Minding Frankie was just as good as I remember her others being.
If you've never read any of Binchy's books, I highly recommend them. In Minding Frankie, the cast of characters is wide and diverse. She sets up each character so well that I was sure I knew who the main characters would be but was surprised. 


The background and history of each character makes them memorable and important to the story even though many became minor characters, who were mostly in the background for most of the book.

Charles and Josie Lynch live a quiet, religious life in Dublin. Their grown son Noel lives with them but is not a part of their lives. With the arrival of Emily, Charles's niece from America, the small community where they live is never quite the same.

Plenty of problems plague the characters and keep the book interesting, but like her other books, Binchy brings them together for a realistic (not too sappy) but happy ending.


Book Read: Minding Frankie

Author: Maeve Binchy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails