Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Margaret Dilloway


Okay, it's been a while since I've read a novel that I really, really liked. The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Margaret Dilloway was just the ticket! 
I loved the premise:  a woman who teaches high school biology and grows new strains for roses, who also happens to have liver failure. Gal, short for Galilee, goes to the hospital every other night for dialysis while she sleeps.

A monkey wrench is thrown into her strictly scheduled life when her 15-year-old niece, Riley, shows up at her school one day. Gal's sister has flown to Hong Kong for a new job and thrust Riley upon her without any warning.

The book extensively covers both liver disease and growing roses, but neither is boring. If you like books you can live in, check out this one. It's certainly not a life I'd want to really live in but it was fun for the days I read it.


Book Read: The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns
Author:  Margaret Dilloway

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails