Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

Oh boy! I did not want this book to end. I loved Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. 

You've probably heard of this book and if you've read it, you know what I mean. If you haven't heard of it or read it, do! The hype is well deserved.


This book was inspired by the real struggles of orphans who did ride on trains from the East coast to the Midwest. The novel is set in both present day with Molly, a troubled teen in Maine and in 1929 onward with the story of Vivian. Vivian's story is my favorite part.


Here are some books and a DVD of the real orphan trains that took orphaned and abandoned children from east to west in the U.S. from 1854 to 1929.


Book Read:  Orphan Train
Author:  Christina Baker Kline

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails