Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Two Sisters by Mary Hogan

I just finished reading Two Sisters by Mary Hogan. This was her first adult novel, but this author has written several young adult novels. 

I liked this book, but didn't love it and here's why. The writing was good, the story was good, but a few of the characters, hell, most of the characters, were mean and selfish, which makes it a hard book to love. 


I could relate to the main character, Muriel, who was one of the titled two sisters. She is a large girl born into a family of dysfunctional parents and siblings. She's basically an outsider who never felt like she fit in. This carried over to her adult life.


I'd say pick up this book. Who cares that in places it was so difficult to read? The end was not sappy but satisfying. 


Let me know what you think. 


Book Read:  Two Sisters

Author:  Mary Hogan




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails