Some of My Favorite Books

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In the Still of the Night by Ann Rule

Last night I finished reading In the Still of the Night:   The Strange Death of Ronda Reynolds and Her Mother's Unceasing Quest for the Truth? This is Ann Rule's latest true-crime book and it was a little more unsettling than some of her other books. Not because of the blood and gore or graphic detail about how the person died; I found it unsettling because Ann Rule became friends with the victim's mother and her telling of the story was different because of that, I think.

Ronda Reynolds was a former Washington state trooper who was murdered in her home but the case has not been solved to date. That was another biggie. Ann Rule always writes about crimes that have been solved and details the murderer. This book was different in many ways. She and the vicitm's mother, Barbara Thompson, even began trying to solve the crime themselves. Bizarre, but interesting. At the end of the book, Ann Rule wrote that she knew things but couldn't reveal them. Hmm. It makes me wonder if when (if) this 1998 murder ever is solved, she'll write another book.

Have you read In the Still of the Night? I was wondering about this book even more and looked up some earlier reviews about it. If interested, check out this one at the True Crime Book Reviews blog.

Book Read: In the Still of the Night
Author: Ann Rule
ISBN: 978-1-4165-4460-9

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Wow, three blogs....how do you keep up with them all? I dropped-out of Facebook. I didn't know it provided scrabble opportunities. I might have to re-enlist! Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails