Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, September 2, 2011

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

I finally finished reading Second Glance by Jodi Picoult last night. I generally really like her books, but this one took me forever to get into. For one thing she had too many characters, which she mentioned in an interview at the back of the book.

I had trouble keeping all of the characters straight, which is a real buzz kill for me. Another tricky element was the ghost story, where there's now (with real people and ghosts) and then (with real people who show up now as ghosts). I totally had to pay attention, and I guess I wasn't up for it.

As the book moved along and the plot started to unravel, I got it, but at the end, when all the loose ends were tied into pretty little bundles, it was just way too convenient. Not at all plausible for me. So, all in all, this was my least favorite Jodi Picoult book I've read to date. It was good, mind you, just not up to her usual snuff. I like House Rules, which I read last year, much better.

Have you read Second Glance? If so, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Book Read: Second Glance
Author: Jodi Picoult
ISBN: 978-1-4165-8386-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails