Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bossypants by Tina Fey



Are you a fan of Tina Fey? Have you read Bossypants, her memoir? Well, if you are and if you haven't, I'd recommend it. This book had me cackling out loud each time I cracked the spine. Ii can see why her writing career (she wrote for SNL, the script of Mean Girls, 30 Rock) is flourishing. Flipping through the book now for an example, I found this paragraph talking about her friendship with some gay people in high school:

I guess I should also state that Karen and Sharon never hit on me in the slightest and it was never weird between any of us. Gay people don't actually try to convert people. That's Jehovah's Witnesses you're thinking of.

And this one a little later in the book when she is told to give Sylvester Stallone, who is hosting SNL that week, a message. That he needs to enunciate; he's hard to understand She gives him the message, he gets it, then:

He couldn't have been more easygoing about it. My guess is that this was not the first time in his career he had been given that note. I went back outside and manually released my butt cheeks.

It's like this throughout the book. You really should read it. Do you like reading memoirs? What's been your favorite so far?

Book Read: Bossypants
Author:  Tina Fey
ISBN:  978-0-316-05686-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails