Some of My Favorite Books

Monday, March 29, 2010

So Long at the Fair by Christina Schwarz

I loved Christina Schwarz's book All is Vanity about a writer who struggles with writer's block and on a larger scale about telling stories and whose story is it to tell. I even liked her first novel, Drowning Ruth, maybe not as much as the critics and Oprah, but I just didn't feel it for So Long at the Fair. Maybe it was because two stories were being told 40+ years apart. Maybe because some of the characters didn't get introduced and developed soon enough for me. I don't know. It was good but not my favorite book of hers.

What author do you love? What book of theirs is your favorite?

Book ReadSo Long at the Fair
Author: Christina Schwarz
ISBN: 978-0-385-51029-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails