Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Edge of the Earth by Christina Schwarz

I finished reading The Edge of the Earth by Christina Schwarz last night, and like many novels I've really liked all the way through, this one ended sort of abruptly for my taste.

I mean Christina Schwarz wrote the wildly popular Drowning Ruth, which ended "strangely," which is to say it ended with a revelation that makes you go "Well, oh. Okay." This one ended better, I think, but it ended all at once. A lot was packed into the final 20 or 30 pages, and I liked the ending, but it made me say, "Hmmm." It's like a meal that looks really good but that isn't all that satisfying. Or maybe it's that you have to keep chewing awhile to get the full pleasure and meaning.


Read The Edge of the Earth if you like literary fiction and historical stories and science. 

And while we're on the subject of Ms. Schwarz, have you read All Is Vanity? It is fabulous! After Drowning Ruth, All Is Vanity was quite the turn for her to take. I'm glad she did. It's one of my all-time favorite books!

Her third novel So Long at the Fair was good, but to me, it wasn't great.
 
Have you read any of Christina Schwarz's books? Which one is your favorite? 

Book Read:  The Edge of the Earth
Author: 
Christina Schwarz

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails