Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, May 31, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess


Okay, I went from Room, which was totally wonderful but in a serious way, to
Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir), which was totally wonderful but in a weird and funny way.


I'm not sure which rock I'd been hiding under, but I had never heard of The Bloggess (aka Jenny Lawson) till my friend Julie (Thanks, Julie!) sent me this book. Evidently Ms. Lawson has been hilariously blogging for quite a few years. She is--to put it succinctly--a hoot.

This book starts strong with tales of her weird and wonderful childhood and gets a tad serious in the middle when she writes about her myriad ailments then ends with a satisfyingly silly take on her book tour.

Have you read this memoir? Will you? Do you read The Bloggess? I think I'll have to start.

Book Read:  Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)
Author: Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails