Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, June 7, 2013

All That Is Bitter and Sweet: A Memoir by Ashley Judd


Talk about a painful book to read. This one was in more places than not. 


All That Is Bitter and Sweet really was mostly bitter:  Ashley Judd's upbringing, neglect by both parents, the path she's chosen to take in her work as an advocate with PSI (Population Services International), and more. Of course all of that makes her life now sweet, too. She can appreciate her life as an actress and advocate compared to her childhood when she had little control over her circumstances. 

I found myself drawn to Judd's story about her own life more than to the numerous chapters about her work with PSI. That part is interesting and important but was really hard to read. I know the world is a hard place and she brought the truths to the fore filtered through her experiences. Sad sad sad. 

I'm glad I read this book, but I'm also glad I won't be taking this one to bed with me tonight. It was hard to get some of the images out of my head when trying to fall asleep.

Have you read Ashley Judd's memoir?

Book Read:  All That Is Bitter and Sweet:  A Memoir
Author: Ashley Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails