Some of My Favorite Books

Friday, January 2, 2015

Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian


Well, I have to say, I don't think Chris Bohjalian can write a bad book. I finished reading Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands last night and like the rest of his novels, I was sad for this story to end. Unlike the rest of his stories, or maybe not depending on the book, this one started off sad. 

Emily Shepard's parents are killed when the nuclear plant where they both worked blows up. She's left an orphan and chooses to runaway from her town and her life.

The story is told by Emily (who calls herself Abby to protect her identity) so the writing was certainly different. Totally different. How did this man write like a teenage girl so well? Who knows, but he did.

I was surprised to learn where the title came from (you have to read to nearly the end), but the words close your eyes and hold hands is fitting in this sort of doomsday novel.

Book Read:  Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands
Author:  Chris Bohjalian

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails