Some of My Favorite Books

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

City of Thieves by David Benioff


Oh boy. I just finished reading City of Thieves by David Benioff, and what a good book it is! This book is fiction but reads like the true story of a pair of Russians in Lenigrad/Piter and beyond just trying to survive during World War II. I don't like to read and tell so won't divulge the ending. I mean, it's one reason I don't read book reviews. I don't want or like any influence before I read a book or watch a movie.

This book starts during modern day with a grandson (a grown man, 34, not 40 as his grandfather accuses him of being) asking his grandfather about the war. It's only a few pages, a few beautifully written pages, that begins this story, but these few pages are key. Reread them when you've finished the book. They take on a whole other meaning.

David Benioff has written two other books. I have to read them.

Book Read: City of Thieves
Author:  David Benioff
ISBN:  978-0-670-01870-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails