Some of My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson



Okay, when I first started reading this book, I seriously considered stopping. This novel begins with some Welsh girls in 1974 who are in love with teen idol David Cassidy. I mean, the time frame is perfect. I was one of the adoring fans who faithfully watched The Partridge Family every week. I wasn't as ga-ga over Keith Partridge (aka David Cassidy) as lots of girls though.

But, I'm glad I hung in there. The author drew from her own experience and got the teen feelings just right, regarding idolizing a singer/actor and all the emotional teen-age crud, too. Halfway through the book, 25 years magically go by and the girl, Petra, is now 38 years old with a teen-age daughter of her own. Petra's mother dies, her marriage ends, and wham! A startling discovery comes to light. I'm glad I stuck with it.

I haven't read Pearson's other novel that is now a movie, I Don't Know How She Does It. Have you read it or this new one? What did you think? Did you like David Cassidy? Donny Osmand? Bobby Sherman?


Book Read: I Think I Love You
Author:  Allison Pearson
ISBN:  978-1-4000-4235-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails