Some of My Favorite Books

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Once Upon a Time, There Was You by Elizabeth Berg


I've read all of Elizabeth Berg's books, and this latest one, Once Upon a Time, There Was You, was not my favorite. It seemed a little heavy on food allusions, discussion, etc., and I wonder if these are all the author's preferences that she just wanted to write about. Hmmm.

As with the rest of her books, I liked this book for the storyline and her handling of the characters. I really liked that Irene wasn't perfect and Sadie, her daughter, found her mother to be a pain in the ass. Because she really was.

Have you read any of Elizabeth Berg's books?

Book Read: Once Upon a Time, There Was You
Author:  Elizabeth Berg
ISBN:  978-1-4000-6865-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails